The simple answer is that different coffees go better with different brew methods or apparatuses.
All of our coffees are great for any brew method, but if you’re interested in maximising the potential of each bean, we tend to go by this rule of thumb:
- Immersion methods such as the French Press work well with nutty, chocolatey and toffee flavours, as well as some light fruits.
- Drip coffee makers, as well as our drip coffee bags, work well with dark chocolate, stonefruit and berry flavours.
- Aeropress is similar to drip, but works well with even more acidic and complex coffees.
- Stovetop works well with nutty and chocolatey flavours.
- Espresso works well with darker roasts of any of the above flavours.
- Cold Brewers are particularly suitable for floral and fruity coffees.
And of course, if you're using a Nespresso® machine, we'll only recommend coffees from our ShotPods range.